RavensQuill

The Raven's Quill

If we're a reflection of what we read, I'm a wandering hobbit looking to get into Hogwarts school so I can locate the Moonstone and save Panem from Caroline Bingley with the help of Hercule Poirot.

Behind the Burly Q: The Story of Burlesque in America
Leslie Zemeckis, Blaze Starr
Progress: 19 %
The Scourging Angel: The Black Death in the British Isles
Benedict Gummer
Progress: 49/416 pages

Soul Resurrected by Keri Lake

As Wrath’s fiercest son, Logan carries the scars of fifty years spent in the most dreaded prison of the underworld, for a sin he’d kill to keep secret. Enduring decades of gruesome torture has left Logan feared by and detached from others, until a female Alexi’s blood resurrects his soul from death and, with it, the pleasures he’s been denied for so long.

Plagued by shame of her own, Calla is drawn to the ruthless demon, Logan, whose insatiable craving for her touch rouses buried passions and, for once, leaves her feeling desired.

A dark and dangerous evil has been reawakened, however, and when Calla is drawn too close to its breeding grounds, Logan vows to summon the violence of Wrath in order to keep her safe. First, though, Calla must save him from a past riddled with deceit and corruption … but only if she can accept the chilling consequences of unearthing his vilest skeleton.

I could not put this book down. Trust me, I tried. I had to go to work! But the Kindle stayed on until the last possible moment and snapped back on the second my day was over. I was sad when it ended, until I realised: this novel lingers. The sign of a great book! Even now, certain songs will come on the radio and I’ll have flashbacks to my favourite scenes, to the intense emotions that fly off the page and work into the heart until I felt what the characters felt. And the best part? I know that right now, possibly this minute, Keri’s hard at work on Book 3: Soul Enslaved, which tells Gavin’s story.  The series is far from over and I couldn’t be happier.

For more information about the book, check out the complete Blog Tour post at